Old 08-09-2007, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default at wits' end ...

In message , Sacha
writes
Klara, I would ring up Environmental Health and mention the magic word
'asbestos'. You could also monitor noise levels when he's sawing or ask
him politely to keep it to certain times and days that affect you
least. Keep a diary.

Thanks, Sacha. We have been so gobsmacked that someone could be so
insensitive that thinking rationally has been difficult. It never
occurred to me that indeed asbestos might well be a magic word here....

The diary is a great idea - though as when he's not sawing at the back
he is hammering in the front, or somewhere, so I envisage quite a tome
;-)

--
Klara, Gatwick basin