Old 08-09-2007, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Vanini John Vanini is offline

Default Home-Made fertilisers

Your absolutley right! I am sometimes the first person on the allotment in
the early morning and have found myself just staring at the clouds and
listening to the birds and not wanting to drag my eyes away. Another good
sound at any time of the day, is that of someone else digging on a plot
somewhere on the other side of the allotment!

There's too much noise pollution in today's world, so it's good to get away
from it. I hardly ever listen to the radio and seldom watch television
(except for films! - I love films especially the old black & white ones when
there was less sex, violence, and swearing and we had to make do with a good
story, well-acted and well-told!)

I like to hear what other people do and what they have tried, in the garden
or wherever in life - nobody's experience is useless. I also like to think
that I'm intelligent enough to form my own ideas from what they have said
and from commonsense, logic, and my own experience. I don't believe that
anyone's opinion is worthless as it can lead to an idea coming into mind
that otherwise wouldn't.

Anyway, I'm rattling on so had better stop! Thanks again for your replys

Best regards,

John

wrote in message
ups.com...
On 7 Sep, 18:04, "John Vanini" wrote:
I was told that was what he did but the chap I was talking to may not
have
really known - hence my question! I will, as soon as I can I will talk to
the plot holder, himself to see what he says.

That's the best way to get info - but your own experiences are also
invaluable. Follow your instincts )

must admit that I wish I'd got an allotment many years ago as I enjoy it
so
much and the people are all so friendly and helpful - here and on the
allotment site.

It is therapy for many in this fast moving crazy world. It is a
retreat and a quiet place to find oneself. I can't imagine not having
it - as much as I think I would love to own a couple of acres, I think
I'd miss the people walking through and saying hi! and just standing
there chitchating with a cuppa.