Old 08-09-2007, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default at wits' end ...

Reading these stories aren't I just glad that I have superb neighbours both
sides, front and back (my grounds go through to the next road), but then I
am nice to my neighbours and allow 'live and let live'. Just what do you
people do to upset them and cause trouble and strife? Don't you talk and
laugh with them? Do you go out of your way to antagonise them? When I go
away my neighbours have a set of keys, come in and clear the post, open
windows to make the place look lived in and aired and when they go away we
do the same for them and feed their cats. (That caused a laugh when certain
persons unknown sent the RSPCA round to us :-))

We don't make a noise to annoy the neighbours. DO YOU?
We don't have bonfires to annoy the neighbours. DO YOU?
We don't leave engines running to annoy the neighbours. DO YOU?
If we see junk mail sticking out of a neighbours letter box for
tooooooooooooooooo long, we either shove it through or bring it home. DO
YOU?
I have owned property for over 50 years and have ALWAYS got on with my
neighbours HAVE YOU?

Seems a lot of people take a great delight in saying what an evil person I
am. I think a few people should look to their own laurels. What is the
saying, "People in glass houses...."?

Kindest regards

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 8/9/07 14:45, in article ,
"Klara"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
Klara, I would ring up Environmental Health and mention the magic word
'asbestos'. You could also monitor noise levels when he's sawing or ask
him politely to keep it to certain times and days that affect you
least. Keep a diary.

Thanks, Sacha. We have been so gobsmacked that someone could be so
insensitive that thinking rationally has been difficult. It never
occurred to me that indeed asbestos might well be a magic word here....

I'd think so. It seems to me that while you're keen to keep good
relations
with your neighbour, he's taking thorough advantage of your good natures!
He doesn't appear to be at all concerned about the effect his actions are
having on your lives and these things surely have to work two ways.

The diary is a great idea - though as when he's not sawing at the back
he is hammering in the front, or somewhere, so I envisage quite a tome
;-)

I was advised to do this when I had a neighbour that put a dog out at
around
4am and left it there for hours to bark and bark to come in. She was, in
fact, a bit bonkers and the local police had a very thick file on her.
But
the EH people told me that the keeping of the diary was essential. One of
our family was told the same thing when she had a neighbour who delighted
in
waking her up in the small hours, making all sorts of unnecessary noise.
It's even possible to buy - or possibly hire - a monitor that will record
decibel levels.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk