Old 08-09-2007, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default at wits' end ...

On 8/9/07 15:29, in article , "Klara"
wrote:
snip
Well, Russian vine was my first thought, speedily rejected ... but
while contemplating it, I came across Fallopia baldschuanica "Pink
Flamingo", billed as being only half as vigorous as the ordinary one,
and listed he

http://www.prideofplaceplants.com/vi..._flamingo.html

Doesn't seem to be available anywhere but this one nursery, though, as
far as I can make out....

Would you and Ray know anything about them?

It's not one that we have and none of us has heard of it. Proceed with
caution would be my advice! ;-) My reservations about leylandii are
always great but if you're going to lose sun and space, I really would think
again. I realise you would trim it etc. but its roots would take a lot of
goodness from the soil and shade the sunniest part of your garden. Would
beech do the trick? Although slower growing, they keep their leaves on if
kept at a height of about 9', even though the leaves go brown.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk