Old 08-09-2007, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT speaking of mozzies

On 8/9/07 16:28, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 16:06:40 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

snip
But the anti-histamine is for after the DEET has failed me.
;-)

LOL and cheap local alcohol if all else fails? :-)

Raki? I think NOT!!

Where are you going? We still haven't had a hot holiday this year. We were
going
to go to Turkey in spring, but summer came even earlier to Turkey than last
year.

We're going to Dalyan. I've sailed quite a bit in that area but never went
to Dalyan - I think I was ill the day the rest of the crew did that trip.
It's where the turtles breed around this time of year and is a nature
reserve. Friends who have a villa there tell us that it's less built up than
other places in that region and is quieter generally.
http://www.dalyaninfo.com/fring.htm

I was last in Turkey, sailing out of Goçek about 15 or 16 years ago when
there were a couple of pontoons, a couple of tavernas and one wooden shack
which served as the village shop. I'm told that now it has a very smart
marina and a lot of posh villas! The entire area is a sailing paradise and
I think you'd love it if you haven't been there. The first time I went we
did a flotilla but with one of our group as skipper and then after that I've
sailed with friends, including a yacht I lived on for nearly a year. It's a
magical area and I have nothing but good memories of Turkey.
I was looking for gardens to see there but gardens in Turkey seem few and
far between in the "open to the public" sense. Of course, there are some in
places like Istanbul but the site I was reading says that there are very few
gardens as we know them because the Turks were a nomadic people.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk