Old 08-09-2007, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT speaking of mozzies

On 8/9/07 17:00, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 16:40:22 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 8/9/07 16:28, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 16:06:40 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

snip
But the anti-histamine is for after the DEET has failed me.
;-)

LOL and cheap local alcohol if all else fails? :-)

Raki? I think NOT!!

Where are you going? We still haven't had a hot holiday this year. We were
going
to go to Turkey in spring, but summer came even earlier to Turkey than last
year.

We're going to Dalyan. I've sailed quite a bit in that area but never went
to Dalyan - I think I was ill the day the rest of the crew did that trip.
It's where the turtles breed around this time of year and is a nature
reserve. Friends who have a villa there tell us that it's less built up than
other places in that region and is quieter generally.
http://www.dalyaninfo.com/fring.htm

The plane landed at the airport the first time we went there, it was the first
flight to Turkey made by the airline, the plane was greeted by a band and
girls
in national dress singing.

Dalaman airport is about an hour or so from Dalyan. The first time I flew
there it had only just stopped being military aircraft only and they were
incredibly suspicious and security conscious. It took ages to clear
immigration with every detail of everyone's passport being entered by hand
into a ledger.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk