Old 08-09-2007, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default citrus & scale insect

"dirt dibbler" wrote in message
ups.com...
My orange tree has been outside for the summer, soon I will bring it
into the conservatory.
I want to really clean it up of insects so it doesn't infect anything
else inside, i'm particularly aware it has scale insects.

What could I use to bring them under control, maybe something
systemic?

thanks
DD

An onerous task: take a cotton bud and dip it in the alcohol solution you
clean your tapes, records and CDs with. Clean the scales off the stems of
the leaves with this cotton bud. It takes a long time but it discourages
them for a long time as well. The alcohol dries up, leaving no trace,
unlike using a soap solution, which may clog the leaves' pores.

s, the organic gardener