Old 09-09-2007, 12:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Robert Moulton Robert Moulton is offline

Default Where to buy a Prunus Serrula near by Toronto?

Hey, thanks for the link. It at least lists a place in Canada that
sells the tree but it's few thousand miles away! I think I'll have to
'settle' for a paper bark maple.

On Sep 7, 1:42 am, "eclectic" wrote:

Sometimes Prunus serrula goes by the common names "birch-bark cherry" or
"paper bark cherry". I love its coppery-red bark too. The following
article gives suggestions/sources for trees with interesting bark including
Prunus serrula.

http://articles.canadiangardening.co...en/Homepage/De...

Also, check out Prunus maackii (Amur Chokecherry) for its interesting bark.http://www.northscaping.com/InfoZone.../FS-0047.shtml