Old 09-09-2007, 12:11 AM posted to austin.gardening
Chris F. Chris F. is offline

Default Gardening as a Living?

I'm considering starting a greenhouse - just a small one for now - as a
way to perhaps earn a living. Here where I live - in Eastern Canada, we have
a very limited season for outdoor plants. But I'm wondering if
there's any way to make a profit year-round, not just in the springtime. Are
there any houseplants or other exotic things that can be sold year-round? Or
is gardening strictly a season thing, requiring us to find some other source
of income for the winter?
Any advice would be appreciated.