Old 08-09-2007, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters[_2_] CWatters[_2_] is offline

Default at wits' end ...

"Klara" wrote in message
I don't suppose there is much we can do: his land is classified as
agricultural land, so sawing wood is part of the brief, and in any case
we would not like to fall out with them - but short of planting a
forest instead of our garden, is there anything we can do to hide the
eyesore and minimise the noise?

At the risk of falling out with him.. Try asking the planning officer for
the area (planning department at local council offices) if you are allowed
to build such a big woodstore/workshop on agricultural land without planning
permission.

Perhaps offer to buy the land from him so he has to move it?

Noise is very hard to suppress.