Old 08-09-2007, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Home-Made fertilisers

On 8/9/07 20:00, in article , "John
Vanini" wrote:

Hi Judith,

I would like to apologise and I'm down on my knees (but that's because of
the what I've had to drink!) Only joking, I haven't had a drink since, well,
the last time.

I apologise again, Judith, I didn't spot the difference in the email address
and must have picked up the wrong one to reply to. My excuse is that I'm new
to newsgroups.

I like the names Judith and Judy so don't change on my account (lol)! I will
just have to look more closely at who I'm replying to.

Nice when things sort themselves out! But back to square one for a moment,
John, if I may. If you're lucky enough to have an 'old boy' on your
allotment, I'd take a LOT of notice, if I were in your shoes. Much of this
wisdom is being lost to us so don't dismiss it. It sounds as if he's taken
some of the modern and mixed it with some of the old and come up with a good
recipe. There's nothing to stop you trying his advice on one part of the
allotment and anyone else's on another part. Conduct your own research,
note the results in a diary each season and find out what works for you.
But if he's producing stupendous crops.........well - look no further would
do for me!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk