Old 08-09-2007, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Home-Made fertilisers

"John Vanini" wrote in message
Your absolutley right! I am sometimes the first person on the allotment in
the early morning and have found myself just staring at the clouds and
listening to the birds and not wanting to drag my eyes away. Another good
sound at any time of the day, is that of someone else digging on a plot
somewhere on the other side of the allotment!

There's too much noise pollution in today's world, so it's good to get

away
from it. I hardly ever listen to the radio and seldom watch television
(except for films! - I love films especially the old black & white ones

when
there was less sex, violence, and swearing and we had to make do with a

good
story, well-acted and well-told!)

I find taking the odd excess lettuce or tomatos around to the neighbours
from time to time does wonders for building relations & lets you have good
conversations (hear gossip). Today the various neighbours got some excess
endives, broccoli and grapefruit. Had 3 good yaks and got to nose at what
they were up to (beats pulling back curtains all day).

rob