Old 09-09-2007, 06:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ron H Ron H is offline

Default Pumpkin and Squash Questions

I have a bumper crop of squash ( both Acorn and Hubbard ) and two kinds of
pumpkins ( small pie and large decoration ). How and when do I know when to
pick them? The Acorns look ripe fropm the get go but now they are sounding a
little hollow. The Hubbard start green and turn golden, do I wait for the
hollow sound too? The pumpkins are turning orange but there are still a few
green. It is getting close to the first frost time here in western Wisconsin
, should I pick everything with the first signs of frost?

Ron H.

--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition