Old 09-09-2007, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default OT speaking of mozzies

Space writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 7/9/07 18:35, in article , "Space"
wrote:
take some hydro cortisone (sp) cream with you. if you are bitten the
antibiotics within the cream really do help.

Is it antibiotics or is it simply the anti-inflammatory properties of
the steroid cream?

I didn't take the cream away
when we went camping in Sussex and I developed cellulitis. I had a
similar
bite more recently when camping but had the cream and the bite went down
quite quickly.

Can you get that otc?

Yes, from a pharmacy, but they will ask you questions as to the proposed
use - eg it is not licensed for otc for use on the face.

Try also 'anti-bite' or similar - it's basically ammonia but works
well (and smells like smelling salts)

--
Kay