Old 09-09-2007, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Oooops!

"David (Normandy)" writes

But if you delete the whole thing each time you lose all the valuable
articles from the better contributors!

I treat the group like a daily newspaper. I read it then throw it away. If
any articles are really that useful for future reference I tear out the
article and save it (in a different folder). However, there is no real need
to save anything with Google at hand to find archives.

Same approach. Using Turnpike, I can set everything to be deleted a
fixed time after reading it (I think I have set in on 24 hrs). If I want
to keep anything, I mark it to be kept (either individual posts or a

And the Turnpike kill rules are very flexible, so I am untroubled by
cross-posts or by posters who I dislike.
--
Kay