Old 09-09-2007, 11:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
sf sf is offline

Default weed-wrangling tools

On 09 Sep 2007 16:51:41 -0400, Jim Kingdon wrote:

Your post is the first time I've seen any reference to the corkscrew.
I was intrigued by it in the store but somewhat skeptical about
whether it would really be an improvement over the old standby
dandelion spade (
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...less-steel.asp

I think the difference is the corkscrew will take out the taproot, but
the "dandelion spade" (which is a common garden tool) will not unless
you really dig. Did you notice that all three tools had long handles,
so you don't have to stoop or bend to do your weeding?

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins