Old 09-09-2007, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default weed-wrangling tools

sf wrote in message ...
On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 21:45:46 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

sf wrote in message ...

I was watching HGTV this morning and was interested in one of the
tools shown in this link.
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_tools_eq...275036,00.html

This is the specific tool I'm interested in:
http://img.hgtv.com/HGTV/2006/02/16/...rongs_w190.jpg
Does anyone know where they can be bought? I don't recall ever seeing
one, but I wasn't looking for it either. His looks worn... he says he
uses it a lot, but I wonder if it is still in production.

TIA

I don't know, but if you don't have one of these in your arsenal, you're
missing out on something good:
http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_...item_no=S12326

If I had to have just one weeding tool, that would be it. Amazing. Nothing
argues with that tool.

Joe, that's just another stoop labor tool. I want the pronged one
with the long handle. You just stick it in the ground, turn and pull
out the weed.

I know. I'm just pointing out something you might not have otherwise found.
On day, you'll run into a weed with a woody root that absolutely MUST be
murdered. This tool will do it. And, for reasons I can't explain, you'll be
able to do it with a beer in the other hand. Something about the design of
the tool. It's weight, shape, something.