Old 10-09-2007, 02:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] NoOption5L@aol.com is offline

Default Dad-Gum Bird Feeders !

On Sep 9, 6:12 am, Jack wrote:

Ever see the movie "The Birds"? You better put that feeder back up
before they get ****ed!

Patrick

I bought this bird feeder, hung it on my back porch and filled it with
wild bird seed. Within a week, we had hundreds of birds taking
advantage of the free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio.
above the table and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop. It was
everywhere, on the patio tiles, on the table and chairs, it was
everywhere.

Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me on my head
and try to peck me, even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.
Then all the other birds got into the act. They would sit on that
feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night! It
almost seemed that they were demanding I fill it when it got empty.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own porch or go into my
backyard. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days they were
all gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down all the nests they
built. Now my backyard and patio are back to normal, nice and quiet
and peacefull and no one is demanding a free meal anymore.