Old 09-09-2007, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default at wits' end ...

On 9/9/07 10:37, in article , "Klara"
wrote:
snip
We had thought of a trellis before the
noise thing reared its ugly head, but under the circumstances a fence
would be better. It could form part of a walled-off service area for the
compost daleks, shreddings, and other materials waiting to be composted,
with the trellis on the nearside.....

Just be sure it's not going to be hit by strong winds. I put up a fence in
a previous garden, a third of the way up the lawn and to shield part of this
walled in garden. It was correctly inserted into those metastake thingies
etc. and not in what I had ever considered to be a windy area. We had one
really good gale one night and the whole thing snapped off and blew over
precisely where it went into the metastakes. It snapped off like
matchsticks. The same could happen with any kind of fixing unless you can
brace the fence from the side opposite the prevailing wind. If you don't
have a windy garden, then you're probably safe to try this. But if it goes
wrong, it's an expensive experiment!

Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon