Old 10-09-2007, 09:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
George[_6_] George[_6_] is offline

Default Old Fiberglass Spa - New Pond?

"BB" wrote in message
. 3.70...
Phyllis and Jim wrote in
s.com:

I second the don't-remove-them approach to jets. You won't want to
run them, but they should be no problem. If you really wanted to
close them off, fiber glass could should bond well over them. Our spa
is still a spa, but it is now over 15 yrs old without any problems.
Enjoy your new pond and do post pics.

Jim

Well, one is already removed and one other is leaking. (There is only a
total of four jets.) How would one bond fiberglass over the openings?
(Sorry if it seems like a dumb question; I know some things but not
others.
This would be one of those I don't know. )

You should be able to bond a piece of stiff flat plastic over the holes
with 5 minute epoxy. Make sure all surfaces to be bonded are spotlessly
cleaned. Be sure to apply pressure while the piece is bonding. And then
allow the epoxy to dry for at least 24 hours before you get it wet.

George