Old 10-09-2007, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Oooops!

On 10/9/07 12:33, in article , "David
(Normandy)" wrote:

It's a bit like those reports that say "studies have shown......." and
then
go on to report as some scientific solemnity, a piece of knowledge the
rest
of us have taken as common sense for years!

--
Sacha

Like the recent re-discovery (again) that food additives are dangerous to
children's health (and probably to adults too).

I've also been saying to the Mrs for years that scientists will discover
that many of the chemicals we are exposed to are harmful and some cancer
causing - everything from cleaning products to air fresheners to
anti-deodorants to plastic food wrappings to washing powders/detergents etc.

I think the people of one hundred years hence will look back in horror at
some of the chemicals we deliberately expose ourselves to today. Back in the
Victorian era the original Radox bath salts contained radioactive salts -
which were thought to be good to bath in!

David.

I'm just waiting for someone to discover that smoking is good for us....

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk