Old 10-09-2007, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Why is there so much animal rights post in this newsgroup ?

On 10/9/07 15:05, in article , "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

, I, Marvo, say :

I thought it was cos they thought they'd get the most support from
such groups as gardening, birds, veggies etc.

Shows wot I know.

The animal rights people don't do themselves any favours with all this
off-topic posting here (in my opinion). The mixture of facts and
misinformation zealously shoved in peoples faces is just a turn off
for their message. Like the people who thrust leaflets in your hand
when walking along the street. They just get stuffed into the next
litter bin. I generally skip any such posting in the group. They don't
even
irritate me anymore - they are just part of the ignored background
noise, along with all the bitching and infighting that goes on here.

David.

Well said David, on all counts.

They are a lot easier to ignore than the SPAM I get, sadly.

Luckily, the perp is usually easy to spot, such as Dr Someone, etc, or with
a daft subject like "good news for ....".

Anyway, I think on the strength of the claims of the veggiebreatharian
brigade, I shall go to the kebab shop tonight :-)

I have to admit that this cross posting lark puts me entirely out of
sympathy with the aims of the people perpetrating it. I suspect that it's
counter-productive with most people and goes straight to a kill file.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk