Old 10-09-2007, 03:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Help me restore my lawn!

wrote in message
s.com...
I recently purchased a house in Northern Colorado with a neglected
lawn. This lawn has not received water all summer and currently has a
large variety and volume of weeds. There are a few green spots, but
not many. I've been told that grass is resiliant and can be reovered.

Is this project worth tackling this late in the year or wait til
spring? First freeze is a couple months away.

I plan to pick the weeds first, then dethatch, then areate, then water
heavily. What steps would you add or subtract from this?

What lawn care products are recommended to help this along?

Fall is the most important time to fertilize in many places. It helps build up
the roots for springtime growth.

Bob