Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default citrus & scale insect

On 10/9/07 14:39, in article ,
"echinosum" wrote:

Nick Maclaren;741308 Wrote:

| we ahve a home made recipe for a 'white oil' spray on our remeidies
| page that works well for scale.

And is illegal to use in the UK :-) Not that I am a great lover of
such rules.

His "white oil" is a mix of vegetable oil and washing up liquid.
I really don't think it can be illegal to use that in your garden in
Britain.
I buy "friendly" insecticides whose main active ingredient is rape seed
oil, and washing up liquid is common practice.
I think you must have had in mind some other conconction when you said
that.

I think - think - what Nick meant is that according to EU rules you're not
supposed to use anything for any purpose not designated on the label.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk