Old 10-09-2007, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Rhododendron in bloom again!

, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

One of my rhododendrons has just bloomed for the second time this
year! It only has two small blooms, admittedly, but it is blooming.

To top it all, one of my primroses has flowered this week.

Just wanted to tell someone!

Glad you did. I thought there was something wrong with mine!

First time I've seen it happen.

And I'm going to be majoring on tomatoes for the next two months by
the looks of it.

I'm afraid that the vast majority of my tomato plants caught blight
so that I had very few tomatoes to eat.

I had a few which looked a bit blighty so I lobbed them off. The rest seem
unaffected. They are very good this year, they're trailing tomatoes so I
just bunged them in bags and pots and let them get on with it. I am going to
look like a tomato by the end of the crop.

Very good grilled or oven-baked especially. And they actually *smell* of
tomato, for the first time in years.