Old 10-09-2007, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Vanini John Vanini is offline

Default Home-Made fertilisers

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...

John, I do think that part of the problem is that you always top-post. If
you snip out the irrelevant bits of whatever you are replying to (as I
have
done here), and post underneath the point you are particularly replying
to,
it makes it much easier to follow the conversation and much less confusing
about who is replying to whom. If you look, you will see that most people
do
this on this newsgroup (and indeed all the ones that I frequent!). Better
still is to sort-of "inter-post" so that you get Point A, your response,
Point B, your response, etc.

Hope this is helpful.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation

________________ On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:00:06 +0100, John Vanini wrote
(in article ):

snip

Hi Sally, in Shropshire!

I've produced this post the way you suggested and, as you said, the way most
posters do it. No problem! I'm happy doing that and will do all mine that
way in future!

I did it the other way, strangely enough, for the very reasons you give as I
felt that top posting made it clearer and easier to read. I found myself
getting irritated with some emails, because I had to wind my way through a
repeat of every previous posting in the thread, only to find the words, at
the very end, saying, "I agree" or "me too" or such. I felt that if "I
agree" had appeared at the top, then I wouldn't have had to go any further.
It was particularly, irritating when I had to go through many new postings
of a similar kind!

I suppose not enough use was being made of the "snip" facility but I'm
fairly new to newsgroups!

There were, also, the long emails that started with one reference to one
posting, followed immediately by another reference to yet another posting,
and yet another and so on, and so on, until I had trouble working out who
had written the comments to which I was replying!

However, I'm quite happy doing what everyone else prefers! I just thought I'd
explain my reasons! Please don't be offended by my long-winded reply - the
topic, gardening, is the important thing!

After all that, I hope I've done this one right!

Kindest regards,

John