Old 10-09-2007, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
johngood_____ johngood_____ is offline

Default to shorten or not repotted bamboo plant?

I've just dug up a lot of bamboo plants since they are overtaking everywhere
in my very small garden and i've put them in pots.

One in a pot is very tall, and in future i will want it a lot shorter.
Since i only put it in a pot a week ago i do not want to cause it unessary
hardship at the moment, so am i better leaving it for a while at its
present height or will it in fact make life easier for it to shorten it to
half its height? Which would involve removing about a third of its leaves.
Hope i'v explained that clearly. Thanks for advice.