Old 10-09-2007, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default well water vs public water - cost

On Sep 10, 3:39?pm, JackpipE wrote:
The pump has been running and it's part of my bill but how much of my
electric bills ranging from $49 - $275 is the well pump?. I just would
like to know from experience form other people if the well + pump is
more cost efficient than public water?

Depends on how often you bathe and flush. g

Generally well water is much less expensive per gallon than municipal
water... the electric usage is negligible for typical residential
use. BUT, private wells eventually require maintenance, usually
costly... and usually some water treatment equipment is needed too.
If you have the option for both a private well and municipal water I
would from personal experience strongly suggest you use both, the
municipal water for drinking, washing and the usual indoor stuff, and
use your well for large volume outdoor use like watering lawns,
plants, gardens, washing cars. boats, etc.

But bottom line, it's really not possible for anyone to know your
particular water usage but you.