Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 AM
davholla davholla is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kingdon View Post
Has anyone grown these ? If so a) what types b) in the soil or pots c)
what yield did you get ? d) how quickly e) what rootstock are they ?

Hmm, interesting. I had seen espaliers but not these. (I'm working
off of http://www.kenmuir.co.uk/productsRan...tID=1&subID=95 so
if you are talking about something else speak up).

As far as I can tell, this is all about pruning. They can be
different varieties, on different rootstocks (see
http://www.perfectbuy-gardens.co.uk/...tte-Apple.html
which mentions a dwarf and a semi-dwarf). You need to prune them,
probably twice a year, to maintain the columnar shape:
http://fluffymuppet.blogspot.com/200...-rain-and.html
Thanks I was talking about the ones from ken muir.