Old 11-09-2007, 06:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default Easy Recipe for Excess Tomatoes

Steve wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:53:14 -0500, sherwindu
wrote:

You probably didn't plant enough. I have them growing all over my back yard and

am having a bumper crop. Even after giving them to neighbors and eating them
like
crazy, I still have an excess. I guess it's all relative. Most of my tomatoes
are the
heritage type, and they go bad quickly. Putting them in the frig is not a good
option.

Sherwin

Well, that just made me more jealous :-)

I wasn't trying to brag, but putting something away for a rainy day is sometimes
the
best policy. I go into depression when the tomato season ends. This is one way
to put off that time.

Sherwin