Old 03-04-2003, 05:44 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default AZ Newbie

Christine Lipfert wrote:

Has anyone here every planted tomatoes in Arizona or any other arid
climate? When did you plant Feb., March, is April too late? Would
growing indoors be a better solution? If so, my house faces East/West?
Any advice would be helpful!

I'm in Albuquerque & just put in 4 plants last weekend. It got real cold
the other night and 2 of them I think are kaput, even though I surrounded
them with some plastic for protection. The other 2 seem to have fared
quite well. Its probably a bit early for them yet w/o some manner of
better protection than I used. Home-made wrap stapled together from a
swimming pool solar cover.

--
John S. DeBoo