Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Rhododendron in bloom again!

, I, Marvo, say :

On 10/9/07 16:01, in article ,
"David (Normandy)" wrote:

I had a few which looked a bit blighty so I lobbed them off. The
rest seem unaffected. They are very good this year, they're
trailing tomatoes so I just bunged them in bags and pots and let
them get on with it. I am going to look like a tomato by the end of
the crop.

We lost the lot to blight. Not a single tomato this year, trailing or
upright!

We grew only Jersey Sunrise this year. The outdoor ones got a bit of
blight and didn't do terribly well but the indoor ones have cropped
pretty well and are still producing. I'd like to know which people
think are the best beefsteak types.

I've only ever had decent ones in the south of Spain. No idea what variety
they are but they're all over the markets there.

Ask me who threw the seed packet away for the tomatoes I had this year?

All I can tell is that mine went in VERY late, grew like Topsy in a little
lean-to plastic greenhouse (12.99, Robert Dyas), then went outside in pots
(12") for a couple of months, then went into gro-bags (the cheapest ones)
when I needed the 12" pots for something else. They got flooded for about
two months of the time, then roasted in the sun. Tomorite as directed, and
they're on the automatic plant watering system.

I guess I'm just lucky, cos I haven't got any idea (as regular readers will
know), and I've got the best, tastiest, an most prolific tomatoes I've ever
had.