Old 11-09-2007, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Tomatoes in bloom

, I, Marvo, say :

On 11/9/07 11:44, in article , "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

snip

I've only ever had decent ones in the south of Spain. No idea what
variety they are but they're all over the markets there.

Ask me who threw the seed packet away for the tomatoes I had this
year?

Trawl Google and see if any names look familiar!

All I can tell is that mine went in VERY late, grew like Topsy in a
little lean-to plastic greenhouse (12.99, Robert Dyas), then went
outside in pots (12") for a couple of months, then went into
gro-bags (the cheapest ones) when I needed the 12" pots for
something else. They got flooded for about two months of the time,
then roasted in the sun. Tomorite as directed, and they're on the
automatic plant watering system.

I guess I'm just lucky, cos I haven't got any idea (as regular
readers will know), and I've got the best, tastiest, an most
prolific tomatoes I've ever had.

There is *definitely* no justice.....

I can put some in the post if you like. I can't remember whether they were
free with the Times or whether I bought them. I know they were "hanging"
ones. Some I put in those bags you hang up, but they died, so I replaced
them with geraniums and stuff.

I will endeavour to find what they were by next spring. They are various
sized as well, so that doesn't help.