Old 11-09-2007, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default Asparagus berries

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:36:08 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
.. .
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

This morning I noticed a few bright red (beautiful) berries on some
asparagus ferns.

That means you have some girl asparagii, and they're with child.

Oh no! I didn't know things like that went on in our garden :-)

You can smush the ripe berries and wash the black seeds inside to plant if
you want to produce more plants.

I don't, but thanks for the tip. There's no more room in my small asparagus
bed, if anything it's already overcrowded.

Mary

You could pass it on to your neighbours maybe?
we've got a neighbour who never refuses any plants including a ripped
up apple tree someone left in an alley and she nursed it back to
health.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free