Old 11-09-2007, 02:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
2pods 2pods is offline

Default Pond construction update

"k" wrote in message
oups.com...
I remember the first morning after we filled
our pond. I went out and found an aquatic
bug swimming around in it. Probably a boatman
beetle as I recall. I read up on them and found
out they take to the air and look for light
reflected off of water. You can catch aquatic
bugs by wetting a piece of black plastic
overnight. Kind of a mean trick to play on
them.
Enjoy your belated summer!
k :-)

I remember when both of our ponds were just liner, and that's right, the
water beetle appeared both times .

peter