Old 11-09-2007, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Easy Recipe for Excess Tomatoes

In article ,
sherwindu wrote:

Steve wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:53:14 -0500, sherwindu
wrote:

You probably didn't plant enough. I have them growing all over my back
yard and

am having a bumper crop. Even after giving them to neighbors and eating
them
like
crazy, I still have an excess. I guess it's all relative. Most of my
tomatoes
are the
heritage type, and they go bad quickly. Putting them in the frig is not a
good
option.

Sherwin

Well, that just made me more jealous :-)

I wasn't trying to brag, but putting something away for a rainy day is
sometimes
the
best policy. I go into depression when the tomato season ends. This is
one way
to put off that time.

Sherwin

Why don't you can them?
That is what mom always did. Tomatoes are one of the easiest fruits
there is to can...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.