Old 11-09-2007, 05:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Ranger[_1_] The Ranger[_1_] is offline

Default Fuyu Persimmons Sunburning

My Fuyu Persimmon is bowing with the bounty of fruit but a new
problem is presenting itself -- sunburn!

Fruit getting the full blast of 12+hours-direct sunlight are
spotting and boiling.

I first tried moving the branches about but the tree, while
reasonably limber, became more stressed with the forced aerobic
movement. I can't "spin" the fruit (like I can lemons and oranges)
so that the same area isn't getting the constant sun -- the fuyus
are extremely static while they growing and do not "move" until
they're ripe.

I've been using the bird netting to prevent walker-poaching but
that hasn't prevented the scorching.

Other ideas?

Many thanks!

The Ranger