Old 11-09-2007, 07:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

Default The final fix on the new Craftsman lawn tractor (sorry guys I didn't hurt myself this time)

Clark wrote:
"The original post"

OK, here is the story.
I was mowing the lawn, I hit a stick (pine), it bent the right blade
AND the
bent blade cut into the mowing deck (about 2.5 inches)
I think this was a freak accident, but??

The Sears guy is coming out to look at it Sat.
I've already pounded the metal back in place, and straighten the
blade enough to mow the rest of the property, it just needs a spot
weld now (oh and at least one blade (or some hammering). Three
hours on the new mower.. ugh
When that blade hit the mowing deck it stopped the engine cold!! (it
started
fine and I've run it for about 1 hour so I think it's fine) "no
strange noises"

"The Pics"
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4z1ku2q
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5z5n9mt
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5y9zktd
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4taxzyd
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=62dro0p

After looking at the other mowers and finding out the mower deck on my
machine was to low, they sent out another repair guy to verify I'm
not a dirty filthy liar, he verified yup it was to low, when set at
the max deck height. To low by about 5/8"

Sears built me a new one, it was built on 09/05/07 and delivered it
09/07/07, delivery free of charge.
Deck/blade height is right on.
Blades that came with it are like the replacement blades I bought to
replace the old ones. (heavier duty)
The engine runs smoother at all throttle settings.
The cables and electrical wires are all installed correctly. (up that
was screwed on the old one too)
The steering wheel was installed correctly. (the wheel was off center
and I had to fix it on the old one)

I thought for sure they were going send me a floor model and say it
was new, but they did not.

The Dept. manager and the staff all treated me very well (before and
especially after the verification of the defect)
Kathy is happy with the mower, I'm happy with the final outcome, (new
mower deck AND mower)
With my luck someone will steal it tonight.........

Clark
Thank god for spell check.