Old 11-09-2007, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian Prideaux Ian Prideaux is offline

Default Hollow Tine Aerator

Hi All,

This is driving me spare.
My lawn is very compacted, and the earth is full of clay.
I've got one like this:
http://www.gonegardening.com/xq/ASP/...op/product.htm
and it's useless. First I had to cut off two of the tines, because I'm
not heavy enough to push all five into the ground (I only weigh twelve
stone). However, the major problem is that it keeps clogging up every
five minutes. I'm sure that it would be fine if my soil was dry and
sandy, but then, if my soil was dry and sandy, then I wouldn't need one
of these.

Please can someone recommend me a hollow tine aerator that actually works.

Thanks in advance.

--
IanP