Old 11-09-2007, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Tree Cutting

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:24:28 -0000, Shane wrote:
Hello, I have a tree in my front yard that seems to be growing just
fine except on the very top. It looks like it's completely dead while
the rest of the tree is green. If I was to saw the top of the tree
down would that cause problems/damage the tree? Is there a special way
to saw the dead part without causing damage? Any information would be
greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Yes, hire a pro who is insured and bonded unless you can take the dead wood
out of the tree with a lopper while standing flat footed on the ground.
Wood is heavy, and if you don't know how to control the fall, you can wind up
really badly hurt.

Even if you know what you're doing and have the proper safety equipment, you
can be badly hurt:
http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingn...09/thirtyfoot_
fall_critically_inj.html

Hiring it done is much cheaper than a trip to the ER or a few sessions of
physical therapy.

Kay