Old 12-09-2007, 02:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default "Why wont my apricot and peach seeds sprout?!?!?!..."

Hi. I have never tried to start them inside, but I would think they need
some cold hours before they will sprout, almost everything else does. May
be you could put them in your refrigerator for a few days before you try to
start them.

I throw them outside in my compost pile, mix a little dirt in with them, add
water during the winter if there isnt any rain or snow, and in the spring
they come up. Might want to give it a try. One spring, after putting the
seeds from a box of peaches, into the compost, and at spring time I had 21
little trees.

Dwayne

"Colonel Jake" wrote in message
. ..
OK?,
"I figured I come to the professionals,...., I'm having
problems starting my apricot and peach seeds,...., first
I let the seeds dry themselves (after getting them from
the fruit), then I put them in a cup of purified water
setting on top of a sponges (with the water half way up
the sides of the seeds),...., I havent had any luck, I
have done this three time already, and not any of the
seeds have sprouted or anything,...., my question is?
do I have to add something to the water to get the
seeds to sprout, or? since the seeds came from store
bought fruit? are they any good?!?!?!..."

COlOnel Jake Enterprises®
Presents
http://www.coloneljake.com/pages/page008/

--