Old 12-09-2007, 03:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Colonel Jake Colonel Jake is offline

Default "Why wont my apricot and peach seeds sprout?!?!?!..."

"Dwayne" wrote in message
: Hi. I have never tried to start them inside, but I would think they need
: some cold hours before they will sprout, almost everything else does. May
: be you could put them in your refrigerator for a few days before you try
: start them.
:
: I throw them outside in my compost pile, mix a little dirt in with them,
add
: water during the winter if there isnt any rain or snow, and in the spring
: they come up. Might want to give it a try. One spring, after putting the
: seeds from a box of peaches, into the compost, and at spring time I had 21
: little trees.
:
: Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne?,
"I'm going to try the refrigerator method that you
mentioned above!!!..."

:
: "Colonel Jake" wrote in message
: . ..
: OK?,
: "I figured I come to the professionals,...., I'm having
: problems starting my apricot and peach seeds,...., first
: I let the seeds dry themselves (after getting them from
: the fruit), then I put them in a cup of purified water
: setting on top of a sponges (with the water half way up
: the sides of the seeds),...., I havent had any luck, I
: have done this three time already, and not any of the
: seeds have sprouted or anything,...., my question is?
: do I have to add something to the water to get the
: seeds to sprout, or? since the seeds came from store
: bought fruit? are they any good?!?!?!..."
:
: COlOnel Jake Enterprises®
: Presents
: http://www.coloneljake.com/pages/page008/