Old 12-09-2007, 02:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What's turning the grass black

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Both my neighbor and I have spots where the grasses turning black, almost
moldy looking. The areas are irregular. I can't see anything like a
fruiting
structure, but it is black, not brown.
No frost yet

Cheryl
(southern NH)

Here's a link to your state's cooperative extension service. The 6th link
looks promising. If not, I'd give them a call. One of their functions is to
assist homeowners with questions like yours. And, they'll be more familiar
with local disease issues than probably any other source.

http://www.googlesyndicatedsearch.co...ension.unh.edu

Main page:
http://extension.unh.edu/