Old 12-09-2007, 03:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help on this trouble grass

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:04:34 -0500, "JS" wrote:

I am really struggle how to "permanently" eliminate
this type of weed on my brick patio.
Using the weed killer called ROUNDUP
does not really work --- it only makes some of
the leaves turned yellow, and then the young ones come back in a day or so.

What is interesting is that I actually put some landscape fabric on
before we laid the bricks. It sounds like the grass pokes thru the fabric !

Please see the image on the link below:

http://tinypic.com/537zqsm.jpg

http://tinypic.com/6767nl1.jpg

Does anybody in this forum know a better way to solve
the problem?

Thanks in advance

JIMMY

Seeds are falling into the cracks, then growing from there. There are
seeds dropping into the cracks and growing from there (Do you have
nearby bird feeder?) RoundUp can take a week to work after
treatment. If you want more-immediate results, you can use a propane
torch. Then apply a pre-emergent product (such as Preen) and sweep it
into the cracks--it should be safe to the bricks and the application
will last many weeks.