Old 12-09-2007, 01:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

Default The final fix on the new Craftsman lawn tractor (sorry guys I didn't hurt myself this time)

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

wrote:
Clark wrote:
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
*THWAP*

Don't post in HTML to The USENET!

Oh ! me so sorry! I beg forgiveness please please don't ban me
from using the internet!!!!!!!!
:-p

in case you could not read it I had changed the delivery date to
the correct one of 09/07/07

Clark

I read it fine and had no problem.

I can read it fine too....
well ya know, some old coots out there....

He's really upset about the fact I have not had a mishap in a
couple of days. ;-)
Some old outdated news readers can't read HTML and some people
refuse to update them, mostly because of security issues.

Here's what it looked like to Eggs, well some of it:

[...]

Wrong again, d00d. I saw it as text/plain (text/html is also an
option, so I saw your change, which didn't require a format change).

You're totally missing the point(s). There are still many people
that pay-per-byte for their news service. HTML posts eat that up
quickly, as one can't tell the format of the message until it's
already been downloaded. HTML adds unnecessary code to the post, as
was demonstrated by your reply above (which I've snipped). It's
also a security risk from scripts.

Old dog new trick thing?

Ya. You should learn to use an app that was designed for newsgroups.
I've offered before to help you set one up, that I think you'll
like. That offer still stands.

don't matter I like him even if he smells like old Egg. lol

I kidd. Eggs I kidd.

It's all good, d00d. Just lose the HTML.

I told you I was a dumbass.....

ain't we all? =)

People still pay per byte? where in Africa? Brazil? "well just
insert any third world country here"
I'm an American I don't care about anyone else (mostly true).

Nope, not third world, man. More for binary use, but text isn't always
free. For some, it's just cheaper to pay for usage.

I'll stick to OE, 'cause I like the way it formats.

So, if you had a program that you were able to make look like OE,
only MUCH better, you'd be interested?

I mean jeez I'm already using post fixer, which by the way, is
causing my OE to see duplicate post, as the dates and time are
identical.

I'm not so sure that OE Quotefix is causing the duplicates. If it is,
you're the first person to ever have it happen to them.

maybe I should be posting from Google groups. lol

If you did, I'd never know.

I'm gonna fire up my linux box and post HTML, joking.. well
maybe..... (I'll avoid this group and **** off some other people).

My Nix box is down at the moment (until I can figure out why it
doesn't want to boot to anything but text mode).

Like I said I had a brain fart.

It happens.

Ya. You should learn to use an app that was designed for newsgroups.
I've offered before to help you set one up, that I think you'll
like. That offer still stands.

I think you should convert to OE so you can read HTML
Then you could see all the pretty colors too!!!!

Clark