Old 12-09-2007, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default stealing from Garden Centres

, I, Marvo, say :

On 12 Sep, 09:12, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
I am very fond of Fuchsias and earlier this week I was wandering and
looking at fuchsias in my local garden center, I found several that
I liked,. Fuchsias are so easy to propagate I wondered how many
people do snip bits off and take them home ? If anyone from Coinros
just outside Lydney Glos.- well worth a visit if you are in the area
- is reading this, no, I didn't steal any bits I am coming back to
buy the plants as soon as I can :-)

I do. I just can't help it - but not fuchsia because I don't really
like them. I've just took/done over 10 cuttings from hedges bordering
an old college near my home - viburnum tinus, hydrangea macrophelia (I
think the quadricolour one, hopefully), and the oak leaf one. I don't
feel bad - but I would from a garden centre and I have never took from
one. I wouldn't from a botanic garden or a park, and I have done it
many times - I would actually imagine that my garden are perhaps 40%
'stolen' cuttings )

Careful. There might be a stolen viburnum bettle in the stolen viburnum.

Had one two years ago. Nightmare, you have to have the whole plant away and
burn it. And the smell is terrible.