Old 12-09-2007, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default stealing from Garden Centres

, I, Marvo, say :

On 12 Sep, 10:44, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
Careful. There might be a stolen viburnum bettle in the stolen
viburnum. Had one two years ago. Nightmare, you have to have the
whole plant away and burn it. And the smell is terrible.

stares
runs out to check

You'd know. The smell is vile. It beetle poo I think, and you see the
undersides of the leaves all beetley.

It is incurable and you can't dump it either, you have to burn it in situ,
and it infects everything.

I can't describe what the smell is like, cos it isn't like anything else,
but it's pungent, a sort of rotten smell, quite unbearable.

I hope you don't get it, but of course, if you do, it will be just
retribution for stealing the cutting in the first place :-)