Old 12-09-2007, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John McMillan John McMillan is offline

Default Chinese made gardening tools

In article ,
"Bob Hobden" wrote:

"David (Normandy)" wrote...
I finally remembered to buy a new bow-saw last week. My old one, a Stanley
I think (can't tell because the brand name wore off years ago) is quite
blunt and I've never seen any replacement blades to fit it here. I could
only find bow-saws for sale that were labelled "made in China" so
reluctantly bought one.

You might find a new blade for your Stanley in the BTCV online shop
http://shop.btcv.org.uk/shop/level3/11/level
They have a range of sizes and the blades are "Sandvik" - who I
guess are swedish. In any case the BTCV shop is a good resource.