Old 12-09-2007, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Asparagus berries

"David (Normandy)" writes
A timely reminder! Years ago on a marketing course I was taught to sell
"benefits" not "features". However, it is so easy to slip into the trap you
mentioned. I was just thinking about a website I am going to design,
promoting some software I'd written recently. The problem being of course my
detailed knowledge about all the wonderful details of how the software works
and all it's technical features. The design I had in mind would have "bored
the pants off prospective customers" instead of teasing them to buy because
of "what it can do for them".

Yeah, and those of us who want to know more than empty promises get
really frustrated because there's not a spec in sight. It's a sad state
when you have to resort to review sites and other users to find out
factual info that the seller should have told you.
--
Kay