Old 12-09-2007, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Vanini John Vanini is offline

Default This needs to be said!

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:56:56 +0100, John Vanini wrote
(in article ):

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip

John, please cut out the cross-posting.

I'm sorry, Sacha, but how is it I am cross-posting (I'm not even sure
what
that means!)? I choose the post that I've received and want to reply to,
add
my comments and click on "Reply Group".

snip
I think you've already worked it out for yourself, John, in the bits I've
snipped, but just to confirm, although I don't particularly remember how
Outlook Express works, when you reply to these rubbish posts just check
the
list of groups, and delete all except urg - or whichever group you think
you're ing. We all slip up occasionally if we are careless or too quick
in
our reply and forget just to look {looks hastily to check], but it is one
of
the signs of trouble that people with nothing better to do and a very
limited
vocabulary think it is fun to flood usenet with some kind of rubbish.
Googling for Hipcrime can be educational.

However, it is better for all of us if no-one replies. We've had this
sort
of flood before, and if you ignore the children they do eventually go away
(presumably back to school or whatever).

Sally in Shropshire, UK

Thanks Sally and Uncle Marvo for your support - I shall wear it constantly!

I'm not going away and I have found out how to use "Ignore Conversation" and
"Block Sender" so I'm fully armed, now! I shall be much more particular
about which postings I reply to. I think I might just stick to asking
questions and giving answers, in future.

Unfortunately, I see humour in most things - especially people and what they
say.

I, honestly, thought that I was replying only to those in this group until I
had it pointed out to me that I wasn't! I, then, checked the list of
newsgroups against some of the names and realised what I had probably done.

Thanks again and my kindest regards,

John